- Administration of the Repository CEFADIGITAL is a primary responsibility of the Joint Staff College which will have access to this as the only administrator.
- Any institution that requests to be part of CEFADIGITAL will be a community responsible for uploading content according to the technical standards set by the Joint Staff College.
- Files with material provided by different institutions must be uploaded to the repository by staff duly authorized by them and, in all cases, with the assistance of the technical administrator of the repository CEFADIGITAL.
- Staff authorized at each institution should preferably include a graduated librarian and technical staff with computing knowledge.
Material to be included in the repository must meet the following requirements:
- Be edited and published within CEFFAA (or those military education institutions that have requested to be part of the repository).
- Be written by students, professors and/or researchers of the Institutions that are part of CEFFAA (or of those military education institutions that requested to be part of the repository).
- Been reviewed by each institution to assure fulfillment of regulations that rule publication of information and military documents.
- As an exception, it may also include material that, although it has not been produced at said institutions, is considered to be relevant for them.
- Types of material that will be accepted will be the following (although other material may be included according to the needs and requirements of each institution): books, articles of institutional journals, PhD thesis, Master’s Degrees final assignments, specialization assignments, results of scientific research, presentations in seminars, workshops, etc.
- There will be an only way to deposit material that is delegated deposit, for which staff authorized by the institution will present articles with its material to the Library of the Joint Staff College and will agree to upload it (with prior assistance to do this from the repository technical administrator).
- This repository has by default protected all its material under Licence Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Sharealike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA4.0).
- Authors or holders of intellectual property rights of each work, prior to the deposit of their work, will accept the non- exclusive distribution licence mentioned before. Authors will confirm they are the holders of proprietary rights of works deposited and, therefore, will accept any type of liability in case of breach of the intellectual property law.
- Joint Staff College agrees to withdraw a work in case of a claim for breach of intellectual property rights
- To be deposited, files with material must be created in PDF format (Portable DocumentFormat), which must be open in the case of written texts; for other type of texts, it is necessary to request assistance from the technical administrator of the repository CEFADIGITAL.
Policy of access to data and use of content
Works kept in the Repository may be viewed and downloaded freely and at no cost, it is not required to login or have prior authorization, provided terms expressed in the license are complied with.
Any person may access and download documents in full at no cost.
Full documents may be reproduced, viewed and delivered to third parties in any format or means without the need to get prior permission, provided they are used for personal, study, research and/ or educational purposes and also:
- Authors, title and bibliography are mentioned.
- Content is not changed at all.
- A hyperlink and/ or URL of the Repository CEFADIGITAL is included.
Digital preservation policy
CEFADIGITAL has the main purpose of assuring accesibility, legibility and digital preservation for indefinite time of all works kept in it. Among regular tasks carried out as to the Repository, we can mention: frequent back up, file conversion, software update, etc.
Metadata are descriptive information applied to one resource to allow for its organization, recovery, preservation and interoperability. All records of metadata of works stored in the Repository CEFADIGITAL will be distributed based on an interoperability protocol under Dublin Core format, which is a system composed of fifteen optional descriptive semantic definitions.
According to metadata previously adopted by the community Joint Staff College for its collections, the technical administrator of the CEFADIGITAL is the person who will recommend metadata for the collections requested by each Institution to be included.